This is my variation on Simply in Season’s recipe.
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (I use Patak’s)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large soup pot, saute oil and onion until translucent and add in ginger and curry.
- 2 apples (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into cubes)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable low sodium broth
Add to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash and apples are tender.
Puree in a blender or use a hand blender until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.