Self Compassion Webinar Course (starts today)
March 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
New!! Online webinar course
Find a New Path for Your Passion in Life, Rooted in Self Compassion
Self compassion, research shows, helps grow our self esteem, our self regard and as such, encourages us to reach towards our passions in life. And it has been shown to be effective in neutralizing shame. Spiritual traditions teach that compassion arises out of loving-kindness; and practising compassion for self and others makes us real human beings.
Whether as an athlete, a professional, working in a trade, or as a parent, self compassion makes us resilient amidst our failures and disappointments. We lose family members, we lose jobs, we lose friends, we lose aspects of our health or our identity. We lose our stride, our focus. It is in these moments of failure, disappointment and shame that we often struggle to access our self compassion. We haven’t established a strong enough practice of self compassion to draw on it when we need it most.
Research has shown that self compassion is a highly enlightened and just way of recovering from failure, disappointment and learning from the losses. Self compassion is a powerful way to access our inner resources – to recoup our self confidence, reclaim our joy and step forward in what brings us true meaning and love in our lives.
In this on-line course, we will embrace the practice of Peace Circle (on Zoom platform). Traditionally, Circles are gatherings in which all participants sit in a circle facing each other to facilitate open, direct communication. Circles provide a safe, supportive space where all group members can talk about sensitive topics, work through differences, and build consensus.
Each participant will bring their own ‘talking piece’ to circle, will help to create ‘our collective centre and purpose of why we gather’. We will build consensus in the ways we will gather in this community, and we will agree to shared values – so that the container of our circle offers us love, the safety we need to be brave enough to grow, and meaningful connections through shared stories from the heart. In this way, this course is a blend of learning and ceremony in our sharing and gathering.
Topics of this course (as backdrops to the stories we share):
- What Self Compassion is (and isn’t) and why it is important both as a psychological benefit and as a spiritual practice
- Exploring the 3 Faces of Compassion (tender, fierce, mischievous) and how these faces are equal expressions in Self Compassion
- Embodying these 3 Faces of Self Compassion to expand both our sense of safety and courage to love in our life and relationships
- Examine where self compassion enhances/enriches and creates resilience to live passionately in this chaotic age
- Awakening the inner wisdom of nurturing, courage and play to create the inner resources and support to live as we dare to dream
What you can expect in this course:
- Experience and participate in the gift of meeting in sacred circle
- Meet monthly (see dates posted) in an on-line format, so you can join from the sacredness of your own home
- Join a community of spiritually grounded people who want an honest and good way to grow, share and make a difference in their lives
- Be guided with readings from modern research as well as ancient spiritual texts to stimulate our collective conversation and your personal journey
- Space, time and support between gatherings to reflect, practise, apply and test what we do together
- A safe container to troubleshoot those difficult boundaries in relationships where you haven’t known which way to turn your feet, orient your vision, or reach out with your hands
As the course facilitator, Shirley Lynn Martin brings more than 20 years of experience as a Soul and Life Development Coach, Reiki Master/Teacher, whole life therapist and ordained Reverend. She has a very diverse formal (as well as informal) education and has trained in the field of ‘Circle work’ with some of the best trainers in the field. This NEW online webinar course is a culmination of her many years of training, passion, purpose and wisdom.
Online Meeting Dates:
Tuesdays, March 17th, April 14th, May 12th, and June 9th [7:00-8:30pm EST]
$200.00 plus HST ($226.00 if paid with e-transfer, cash or check). On-line payment will have an additional surcharge.
Course size will be limited to 10 participants. Register now to secure your spot. Email Shirley Lynn for additional information and to register.