Find a New Path for Your Passion in Life, Rooted in Self Compassion
In this NEW on-line course, we will embrace the practice of Peace Circle (using the Zoom platform). Traditionally, Circles are gatherings in which all participants sit in a circle facing each other to facilitate open, direct communication. Circles provide a safe, supportive space where all group members can talk about sensitive topics, work through differences, and build consensus.
Self compassion, research shows, helps grow our self esteem, our self regard and as such, encourages us to reach towards our passions in life. And it has been shown to be effective in neutralizing shame. Spiritual traditions teach that compassion arises out of loving-kindness; and practising compassion for self and others makes us real human beings.
Topics of this course (as backdrops to the stories we share):
- What Self Compassion is (and isn’t) and why it is important both as a psychological benefit and as a spiritual practice
- Exploring the 3 Faces of Compassion (tender, fierce, mischievous) and how these faces are equal expressions in Self Compassion
- Embodying these 3 Faces of Self Compassion to expand both our sense of safety and courage to love in our life and relationships
- Examine where self compassion enhances/enriches and creates resilience to live passionately in this chaotic age
- and more…
What you can expect in this course:
- Meet monthly (see dates posted) in an on-line format, so you can join from the sacredness of your own home
- Join a community of spiritually grounded people who want an honest and good way to grow, share and make a difference in their lives
- Be guided with readings from modern research as well as ancient spiritual texts to stimulate our collective conversation and your personal journey
- and more…
As the course facilitator, Shirley Lynn Martin brings more than 20 years of experience as a Soul and Life Development Coach, Reiki Master/Teacher, whole life therapist and ordained Reverend. She has a very diverse formal (as well as informal) education and has trained in the field of ‘Circle work’ with some of the best trainers in the field. This NEW online course is a culmination of her many years of training, passion, purpose and wisdom.
Online Meeting Dates: Tuesdays: March 17th, April 14th, May 12th, and June 9th, 7:00-8:30pm EST
Course Fee: $200.00 plus HST ($226.00 if paid with e-transfer, cash or check). On-line payment will have an additional surcharge.
Course size will be limited to 10 participants. REGISTER NOW to secure your spot. Email Shirley Lynn to register. Pre-course preparation materials will be sent early in March. ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT!
Upcoming: Reiki Level One (3 days)
Is it time to awaken to something more true in you, and in life? Is it time return to a happiness and health you know is yours to attain? Spring is about to give birth to new life. Join us in this Reiki course and give birth to your spirit’s radiance and empowerment for a happier life!
Take this golden opportunity to begin your path to self-healing and spiritual development with Reiki. Awaken to its power and mystery. Deepen your journey by joining an active community of supportive and like-minded fellow seekers and Reiki practitioners.
Friday & Saturday March 27 & 28th and Saturday April 4th, 2020 [9:30am-4:30pm]
Connect with Shirley Lynn for more information and to register.