We here at Feathers, Rainbows & Roses wish you a warm and marvelous holiday season of peace and light and joy. For me, the greatest gifts of walking the truth and authenticity of my spiritual path are experienced as the love, beauty and joy in the ordinary moments with ‘all my relations’. These gifts are like gold, myrrh and frankincense to me and I delight in my heart’s opening to the Sacred available to us in this season and in these gifts.
In this season of Peace and Light, may you experience …
- the delight of a new gift
- the warmth of gathering with others in Love
- the goodness of your own caring heart for all life
- the laughter of special memories that behold you in loving connection
- the compassion to share your kindness with those who grieve, are disconnected and lonely
- the simplicity of a still and holy night
- the ‘hallelujah’ of a moment of sheer bliss
- the truth of your own authentic dream
- the health of a balanced body, mind and spirit
- the awareness that grief, pain and fear will stop by to seek your company as they do for everyone
- the gratitude that what you have been given and whatever your life currently is, you are made worthy in Divine Love
- the blessings of peace and light which heal and make radiant your soul.
Making Way for 2017
My theme for 2017 is peaceful relating with all our relations. Peaceful relating, as a practice and an attitude, is choosing to communicate and engage – with ourselves and others – with love, with respect for the dignity of another and to do so justly. I will be bringing you a variety of opportunities to grow, deepen and heal your hearts. And we will develop and enhance your skills and inner capacity to enjoy and practise peaceful relating with all your relations.
Where we live always, is in relationship, regardless of the quality of those relationships. I believe that collectively, we are awakening to the truth that we need one another in socially and intimate ways for our well-being. We need love and inter-connection. We are social beings who thrive when we are loved and when we love. We are awakening to the reality that most of our deepest hurts and pain result in the wounds of human relating, in the absence of connection, of acceptance and of belonging.
In 2017, I invite you to embrace peaceful relating as an attitude and practice of healing and inner growth – to restore love, beauty and joy in your relationship with yourself, with your loved ones, with your environment, with your community and with Mother Earth. Wherever you begin this journey of peaceful relating in your life, it will inevitably lead you to all our relations.
To remind us of what peaceful relating involves, let’s unify our consciousness with the powerful and timeless prophecy of Chief Seattle (only an excerpt):
The rivers are our brothers [and sisters]. They quench our thirst. They carry our canoes and feed our children. So you must give to the rivers the kindness you would give any brother [or sister] ……. Will you teach your children what we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? What befalls the earth befalls all the sons and daughters of the earth….
This we know: The earth does not belong to [humankind, humankind] belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Humankind did not weave the web of life, he/she is merely a strand in it. Whatever he/she does to the web, he/she does to her/himself.
- Loving-kindness towards our self and our environment
- Attending to the space between our hearts and someone else we care about
- Forgiving the past for not being what we needed it to be.
Through stories and conversations in blogs and podcasts, through workshops and Peace Circle and Reiki Ryoho training, through individual whole life therapies coaching, together we can explore, deepen, strengthen and embody the practice and attitude of peaceful relating.
In this time of great change, of great divides, of great opportunity and of great diversity, we must begin to live more consciously, justly and in loving-kindness toward ourselves and one another. Truly, it is what we have come to learn and learn and learn again on our soul’s journey.
I look forward to relating with you at any of the learning, healing and transforming opportunities I will be offering in 2017:
- Reiki Level One (January 13, 14 & 21, 2017)
- Reiki Level Two (March 3, 4 & 11, 2017)
- Monthly Reiki Practice nights (first and third Tuesdays)
- Workshop: The Self Kindness Response: Boundaries for Healthy & Joyful Living (February 24-25, 2017)
- Next Peace Circle: Forgiving the Past, Re-Birthing our Capacity to Love (March 22, 2017)
Please visit my website for more details and offerings. And of course, I am always happy to discuss with you how any of these events will benefit you.