“You carry Mother Earth within you … She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment.
In that insight of inter-being, it is possible to have real communication with the Earth, which is the highest form of prayer. In that kind of relationship you have enough love, strength and awakening in order to change your life. …
So to breathe in and be aware of your body and look deeply into it and realise you are the Earth and your consciousness is also the consciousness of the earth. Not to cut the tree not to pollute the water, that is not enough. …
When we recognise the virtues, the talent, the beauty of Mother Earth, something is born in us, some kind of connection, love is born.
… When you love someone you want to say I need you, I take refuge in you. You do anything for the benefit of the Earth and the Earth will do anything for your wellbeing.”
– Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh
If these words of wisdom by Thich Nhat Hanh speak to you, you won’t want to miss our next Peace Circle on Saturday, June 24th.
Co-Facilitators Shirley Lynn Martin & Karen McCarthyKaren have put together an inspiring Peace Circle during which participants will have the opportunity to reflect on and draw wisdom from Thich Nhat Hanh’s article ‘Falling Back in Love with Mother Earth’.
Outcomes we wish for this Circle:
- to learn ‘to do’ self love by ‘loving Mother Earth’
- to expand, enhance and deepen our meaning of self love as we learn to expand/deepen our meaning of loving Mother Earth
- to create deeper connection and integrated awareness of the path to loving ourselves, to loving Mother Earth
- to support community who chooses to love ourselves, Mother Earth, and each other
- to experience the healing power in the Circle ceremony and stories that collectively transform our being and our relationships.
Summer Peace Circle: Loving Mother Earth, Loving Self
Saturday, June 24th, 2017
12:00pm – 4:00pm in Waterloo, ON
Weather permitting, this Circle will be outdoors
Cost: $60 (+HST) if paid with cash, checks or e-transfer
*Additional PayPal user fee of $3.00 will be applied for on-line payment
For additional information, or to register, please contact Shirley Lynn. This is going to be a inspired way to start off the summer. See you then!